Friday, February 8, 2013

I Get Paid To Do This?

The past couple of days have been so enjoyable!  The kind of days that when I leave the building, I find myself asking "I get paid to do this?" Yep, being a Kindergarten teacher is fun!  We have finished up our dental health unit and I was so excited to see them learning!  Today students made words out of big and little toothbrushes and smile cutouts.  It was neat to see the way they formed the letters!  Here are a few pictures I was able to get:
 "Hot"
 I knew "mom" would be a popular word...so sweet! 
"Toy" and "Tom"
They did a great job!  If you would like to pick up my dental health unit that includes this activity click here.
Students also worked on sorting attribute blocks.  Yesterday they helped me think of the ways we could sort the blocks and then today they sorted them in small groups.  Here are a few pics!
 Sorting by Shape
 Sorting by Thickness
My attribute block sorting mats are available here.  
Next week is packed full of Valentine activities!  I can't even fit in all of the things I want to do.  Trying to decide which ones really target the skills I want my students to work on and having to set the others aside is so hard!  There just isn't enough hours in my half-day kindergarten!  

No comments:

Post a Comment