Thursday, January 31, 2013

How I Use Ordering Cards

Tomorrow is Friday!!  I have been counting down the days until this Friday for quite some time.  It is the day I get to go on a Women's Retreat with a group of friends from church.  I am long overdue for some girl time! So excited!
I have finished my February Ordering Card Set!  You may be asking, "What are ordering cards?"  For me they are cards that the students put in order.  This past summer my husband helped me install a thin steel rod in my room.  I then put little plastic chain links on the rod (26 of them so the alphabet would fit!).  Now my students can hang up little cards in the right order!  I used to put magnets on the back of the cards but that seemed to get bulky to store.  Now my cards lay flat and storage is so easy...plus taking the time to place the magnets on the back became time consuming too.  Now just a quick hole punch and they are ready to use!
Here is what the rod looks like:


It hangs above my listening center table.  When students finish listening to a story they can spend some time ordering cards.
This is how the cards fit on.
This is a close up of the rod and the cards.  The orange thing is just a foam stringing bead that I placed on the end so that the rod wouldn't come off.


Now that you know what Ordering Cards are...you can head over to my store at TeachersPayTeachers and pick up my February set!  It includes four different types of cards!
Valentine Lower case letter ordering

Coin patterning

Click here to get the set!
You can also download the Valentine Lowercase Letter Ordering cards here for free!
Now I better head off to bed, since tomorrow night will have more chatting than snoozing!



No comments:

Post a Comment